Monday, April 26, 2010

Empire State

So it's almost fully official. I have verbally accepted a position at a university back in New York City. That's right, no matter what you may think of me and how I present myself, I am about to become an assistant professor of physics. There are many great things about this latest development in my life, and I would like to present them in bullet form:

  • First, Corbett will be in western New York, so we'll only be six hours apart, as opposed to the 1600 mile difference it was going to be.

  • I'll get to be back in New York.

  • I'll get to teach.

  • I don't have to live in Mountain Time.

  • I won't have to think about accepting a position that I interviewed for in Detroit.


I also learned my teaching schedule when I accepted the position. I am teaching Electricity & Magnetism (a junior-level course), which is four hours a week (Monday and Thursday afternoons), and an intro lab (two hours a week, Tuesday afternoon). So I get Wednesday and Fridays with no teaching, which is great.

The only downside is that I have to figure out where I'm going to live, and that's tricky in NYC. But whatever, it'll be worth it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

Congrats! Turns out you're not such a loser after all. XO

April 26, 2010 at 3:29 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home