Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sometimes it's just not cute

Last night, I felt like I went to bed too early. But alas I did, and after a while I eventually dozed off (before midnight, which is this crazy new thing we're trying here). That was until 2:30, when Dante decided to go into the living room and have a barking fit. So I woke up, and could not for the life of me fall back asleep. I tossed, turned, checked my email (surprisingly no one emailed me between the hours of 11 and 3, except for American Airlines and Jo-Ann's Fabrics), and just went crazy until sometime after 4 or 4:30 when I fell asleep again.

Then the thunderstorm hit, and I woke up at 5:30 not to the storm, but come on, you all know it, to a fifty pound beagle-lab mix shaking and shivering and just being overall terrified of the thunder and lightning. And the storm lasted for a long time, and I was up for another hour or so.

So yeah, he's cute. It's sad that he's scared of storms, but when I only get half of the necessary sleep I was promised by my bedtime, it's not cute anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

Aw. I was tossing and turning too, as was a certain little Jake.

April 6, 2010 at 9:02 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home