Monday, March 29, 2010

Two trips, three reasons

It's pouring today, and we had thunderstorms all last night. What does this mean? For those in the know, it means I didn't sleep well last night because of a certain dog who is terrified of storms. So as you can see, it's a great start to the week.

I have several trips planned for the next few weeks. I get to go to California on Wednesday, for an interview, and I'll be there for just about a day. Nothing like flying across the country for a trip that short! I'm not 100% excited about this interview, but at the same time, I'm sort of looking forward to it.

In about two weeks, I will get to return to NY! That is something I am psyched about. I won't get to play much while there, as I have another interview up there, so the first two days of being there will be filled with that. At that interview I get to give a talk and teach a class, so there'll be a lot to prepare (luckily I have a talk all set). Immediately following that I get to go to Brookhaven for a US collaboration meeting (this is where we get to all get together and beg for computer time). I have a talk to write for that as well. Hoo-rah.

Oh, and the best part is that I get to spend another birthday at the lab. Last year I visited Brookhaven and gave a talk on my birthday. This year, well, the talk isn't on my birthday, but I'll get to spend that day there nonetheless. Score!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home