Monday, March 15, 2010

For a bit

Things are "back to normal" for a bit. My trip went well, and I enjoyed myself in the nation's capital (even if I never did any sightseeing). My talk went great actually, and (while I may be bragging here, that's my right on this site) I got a lot of praise.

The best though was that there was a visitor from Duke also there, and I've known her for some time (since 2004). I had a conversation with her on Thursday and then Friday (after my talk) when I saw her, she just said, "Wonderful, wonderful talk. Just wonderful." So I felt good. If only a) she were on the committee there and b) this were not a job that is almost certainly going to someone pre-chosen.

This week, though, is a normal week. I will go in, work, come home. No travel or anything "out of the ordinary." In fact, I don't even think I have to go to JLab, which is always a bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home