Monday, February 15, 2010

Romance

So we are not very "Valentine's Day" people. In fact, the question of getting each other anything wasn't even brought up this year (this is something I realized this morning while reading a friend's blog about getting stuff for V-day). I myself am not much of a "holiday" person in general, due to my dislike of forced celebrations. I'm more of an "every day is possibly worth celebrating kind of person"*.

Nevertheless, I enjoy getting candy from my mother. Corbett and I didn't do anything in particular for a celebration, as it was like any other day. We did have a nice steak dinner and a very romantic setting. The latter was forced by a temporary power outage that had Corbett light about fifty tealights throughout the house. By the time he finished, the power came back, so we had to shut the lights off and pretend like the power was still out.

What's amazing really is how much heat fifty tealights can add to the room.

---

* One comment I should make here: My birthday is automatically exempt from this, as there is nothing forced about celebrating me. Additionally, I enjoy others' birthdays as well, and of course I love Jesus's birthday, even though I really don't care about the "Jesus" side of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarahlynn said...

I'm not a romantic person, either. I think this bugs my husband, who is very much a romantic person. I celebrated Valentine's Day by getting a present for my mom, decorating, and making it fun for my kids (hearts! games! candy!). Romantic? Not so much.

I do like a little candle ambiance, though.

February 22, 2010 at 11:58 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home