Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How dare she?

I came into my office this morning all ready to start the day. I get my laptop out, open it and let it connect to the internet (very slowly, mind you, as apparently even the web is sluggish today). I connect my external drive and pull out my lunch. I take from my backpack my bottle of seltzer and put it on my desk, when I notice something missing.

My cup.

I have two items from which I drink. First there's my coffee mug, which I generally use for, well, coffee. Then there's my plastic cup that I obtained two years ago on a drive to New York, when I stopped at a gas station in Delaware for a refreshment and gas. Since it was a fairly sturdy cup I kept it.

Apparently, the cleaning woman decided that it needed to get tossed. Note, it was not dirty (meaning I have only ever drank water from it), and was not on the floor.

I know she was "just doing her job," but as far as I'm concerned, unless it is rotting food, then anything on my desk is not tossable. I mean, I have plenty of things that could be perceived of as garbage (mostly a lot of paper piled up).

Not a happy way for me to start the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home