Thursday, December 31, 2009

13 hours before 2010

Ah, the holidays are almost over. I have to say I'm rather excited about that, because although I love seeing family (both the week in LA and the week in GA was great, we basically saw everyone and luckily it didn't involve a lot of travel condensed into a single trip), it is always nice to get things back to "normal."

The sad thing is that we have a temporary building that we are now occupying on campus, and so I get to share an office with my fellow post-doc. The sharing part I don't mind (although I did get quite used to having my own office), but the office itself is pretty dismal. Of course, I wasn't residing in the most spectacular digs before, because it is, after all, a physics department, but there was a coziness that existed in the old place.

The most disconcerting part really is that after I get back from a vacation, I return to a different workplace, had to unpack everything there, it's as if everything is different. Plus, of course, due to the holidays and severe lack of planning on the administration, we don't have working phones, I don't yet have a key, and we also don't have access to the building with keys (and the swipe cards don't really work either). Plus, parking is going to be a bitch.

On a lighter side, I finished my new hat, which I'll have to show a picture of soon. I started this while still in Georgia (my sister was very much creeped out by me, my mom, and C all knitting on the couch together), and finished it last night while watching a bad 1930's movie. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home