Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A tribute

I should work right now, but I feel like writing a tribute. A tribute to something that has been in my life for so long, it deserves nothing less than this. And that is my gray hoodie.

I have had this hoodie since high school, and it's been so long that I can't even recall when I first obtained it. However, it has been with me, through high school, through college (especially during the semester in Rome, where I wore it far more often than I ever washed it and it never let me down), through graduate school, and beyond.

It has been with me in Maine, Texas, Rome, St. Louis, New York, and now the 'burg. I am almost 33 years old and yet I still wear it to work (that's right, I wear hoodies to work--Thank you, Academia). It is absolutely the most comfortable thing I own, and during the summer I yearn for the days where the temperature will drop and I can again put it on. There is a small bleach stain on the front pocket, but do I care? Hell no. It's my hoodie.

Here's to you, the one thing throughout the last two decades of my life that has really been there for me, and here's to at least another two decades together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home