Tuesday, November 3, 2009

9:36

This last week has been a lot of fun. After returning from Korea, I had a few days of trying to get a lot of work done, before Maggie came to visit. She arrived by train (she's not a fan of flying and this worked out for the best for us, as the train station is literally five minutes from our house while the airports are not...this is relevant for later in the story), and we had a bunch of fun. We did some touristy things, a stroll through the colonial 'burg, the Wmbg Winery (not as bad as one may think, unless that person only buys the Wmbg Wines from Kmart which cost five bucks...their $10 wines are actually tasty), and...oh wait, that's about it.

The bulk of the visit was made up of us teaching Maggie how to knit (she's a natural!), and hanging out knitting (either at home or at Aroma's, a local cafe). It was a lot of fun because it didn't involve a lot of running around. On Halloween we watched a Swedish vampire movie, handed out candy to the four kids that came to the door, and carved pumpkins while enjoying cocktail time. A ton of fun. Now, though, I have to prepare for a talk I've not started which I'm giving Thursday (and leaving for tomorrow morning).

One last thing, though. Her train this morning, she said, was to leave at 10:30am. Perfect! We'll get up, I'll get ready for work, drop her off, vote, and head in to the office. I wake Maggie up at 9am, as she asked (I was already ready, so that I could get a few things done this morning), and around quarter after, right when Corbett was getting up, I hear, "Oh wait! I think the train leaves at Nine thirty!"

So much running around was done to get her ready to leave, and thankfully we made it with five minutes to spare. And I just got into work a tad earlier. All the better to get things done, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Ann said...

I almost want to learn how to knit. Almost. One of the days I will and I'll probably have a new addiction for like three months or something.

You travel safe and good luck on your talk!!

November 3, 2009 at 10:13 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home