Monday, October 5, 2009

We must all be up!

I'm sure I've mentioned this to plenty of people before, but I just have to go into it again. Dante has this strong desire in the morning for all of us to be awake. Generally I get up to my alarm (after three, four, or five hits of the snooze button), to which Dante responds with much joy and excitement. ("We get to go out! We get to go out! I really have to pee!")

When we return from our walk, I give him his breakfast and he sometimes will eat it right away, sometimes not. Many times he goes back to the bedroom and looks at Corbett, and wonders why he's not getting up. He'll often get up on the bed and forcefully (read: with his tongue) get Corbett awake. This is generally when the nuzzling occurs, if it's going to.

The best is when he gets as excited as he did this morning. I was in the office, and saw Dante bolt out of the bedroom and spin around, wagging his tail very exuberantly. After a couple of seconds he ran to the kitchen, again spun around, still wagging his tail. Corbett was getting up. Finally he ran into the kitchen supposedly to eat, since he sometimes will not eat until we're all up. But this morning was special.

See, there are times when Corbett likes to get Dante to eat by either hand-feeding him, or more recently, by throwing Dante's food, one morsel at a time, into the living room. This gets Dante worked up and he runs to grab every piece. This morning, Dante clearly wanted to play this game because he'd run into the kitchen, then dart out and look at Corbett. The look said, "C'mon, we have to play the food game this morning." Corbett of course obliged, and it was adorable, as always. I wish I had pictures.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

That dog is the cutest!

October 6, 2009 at 8:26 AM 
Blogger Topher said...

Yeah, he is. And I forgot to mention that he also barks at Corbett sometimes to wake him up (he did it yesterday and today), and right now I am again watching the food game.

October 6, 2009 at 8:47 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home