Monday, August 31, 2009

Don't stop believin'

There is a lot on my mind today, and of course none of it is very exciting.

First, we went for a 25-mile bike ride yesterday. It wasn't straight through, however. We biked (the long way, adding five miles) to Chris and Sonya's house and chilled there for a few hours. Cashews, pudding, and egg salad sandwiches were eaten, and much fun was had. The ride home started out tough because of the long break taken.

It's raining today and I have a doctor's appointment today (recall), so I drove into campus. And yes, the students are back, and I remember the most important rule here: Never drive to campus at ten-to-the-hour. All the students are leaving classes and rushing to their next ones. I have to remember this to force me to bike in more often. Ugh.

I am a fan of the new show Glee, which is re-airing its pilot on Wednesday, and begins the "real first episode" next week. It is about a high school glee club, so there is much singing and the humor of the show is very reminiscent of Arrested Development, so it's kind of my perfect show. In it, they have covered Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'", and it's pretty awesome. I only bring this up because I was just listening to their version on my iPod, and I did so by going through my songs alphabetically, and I realized something: There are a hell of a lot of songs with "Don't" as the first word. I have around fifty in my collection alone. Not very interesting, but come on, it's Monday morning. That's the best you'll get.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie K said...

I only have 14 songs starting with Don't. Interesting.

August 31, 2009 at 5:09 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home