Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Psych

Corbett has often mentioned that I tend to like stupid, gimmicky detective shows. I don't mean Law & Order (I actually actively dislike that show, much to my parents' chagrin), or "real" detective shows. I mean more along the lines of quirky comedies, such as Psych (or the recently cancelled Pushing Daisies), where there's a murder and then wackiness ensues while trying to solve it. In the case of Psych, the main character pretends to have psychic ability and works for the Santa Barbara police department, helping them solve murders (in a very Scooby Doo-like manner). The show is ridiculous and absurd, and I am completely in love with it.

But, I am not alone (of course I'm not, it's in the third season), as Andre and Erin also enjoy this show. They were over a few weeks ago on a Friday night and so we all watched the new episode together. Now, Corbett will watch it and laugh at some parts, but really he'd just as soon not watch it. It was great having two people actively enjoying the show with me, so they came over last night to watch the most recent episode. Corbett now really doesn't mind watching anything since he can knit while doing so, and I just loved having two other people there to laugh when I laughed, and to get giddy when I got giddy.

In other exciting news: Corbett finished his first afghan, and it looks awesome! Too bad it's not cold yet, or it could be used. Right now it just makes a perfect complement to the futon in the office.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Congratulations to Corbett! What a great feeling to complete something! How's that dissertaion going? ;)

September 16, 2009 at 11:04 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home