Monday, September 28, 2009

Fame!

Corbett's mother was visiting last week, so much of the time was spent touring around the area. She had been here before, and had seen most of the colonial 'burg itself, so we had to figure out what to do this time. Since her flight arrived late Tuesday night and at a different airport due to a missed connection, she had no luggage, so the first stop was at WalMart (sadly I had to go into this place for the first time in years, but alas, nothing else was open at this hour...I will be happy to say that I did not purchase anything). Wednesday was low key; I worked and they shopped in case her luggage didn't make it (which it did).

The touristy things we did though were Jamestown and Yorktown, which I find entertaining, so I was happy to do those again (and it's free for us residents). Other than that it was mostly relaxed visiting time. We rented Tropic Thunder (first half of the movie: awesome, second half of the movie, it got really horrible), and watched several movies we own (Connie and Carla, Wall-E), and went to see Fame! at the theater on Saturday (it was good, but not spectacular).

So for the most part the visit was relaxing, even if sleep was lost for much of it. She left yesterday very early in the morning, and I slept in. The whole day was one of decompressing, which always must happen when a visitor leaves, as you well know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no!! I feel that we are compatable in about 99.9% of all possible ways... but calling Tropic Thunder horrible?? I truly believe that that movie was created just for me, as it meets my personal definition of Pure Awesome.

But hey. We'll always have television.

September 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM 
Blogger Topher said...

That is sad, Melinda, because Corbett once said that you were my freakish twin. I guess twins grow apart after a while.

September 28, 2009 at 2:11 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home