Wednesday, October 21, 2009

AFN

I decided to turn on the TV in my room last night, and found AFN. All of you non-military brats may not know that this is the Armed Forces Network, and when I lived in Germany, this was the only English station that existed (as a sidenote, now here there is also BBC and CNN), and more specifically the only station to get American shows. So I watched it for a while. I forgot how much it sucked to be forced to watch whatever they had on (and last night it was the Jay Leno Show and then the Tonight Show, at 9pm and 10pm, and seriously, I am not a fan of late-night talk shows, they just are not funny).

But what really made me laugh were the commericals. There are no commercials for products, they are merely commericals on how to make your life better while you are stationed here in Korea. The sad thing is that it is so low budget, it is like watching television in the 70's. Well, for me, it just reminded me of the 80's, and I remember seeing commercials on how to drive on the German roads (the main issue was the fact that when the light is still red but about to turn green, the yellow light turns on while the light is still read, implying that soon it'll be green and you must prepare to go...Americans really had to be taught this, as if they couldn't figure it out from driving around for a bit).

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

ahh....memories!

October 22, 2009 at 6:32 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home