Monday, October 12, 2009

Close call

As I was driving in this morning, a student nearly hit my car. The whole thing happened really fast, and yet in slow motion. It was both terrifying and yet not at all, considering the speeds involved were around 10 mph. I was pulling into campus, on a one-way road with angled parking and she started backing out. And she kept backing out, as I went by and by the time I noticed that she was even coming out, I couldn't stop or she would have hit me. So I laid on my horn and the gas. Given my little Hyundai, the gas did little more than add a couple of miles per hour, but it was enough. That combined with her finally noticing and braking (with rather slow reflexes I might add) was sufficient to prevent the accident.

Of course, if only she had hit me, I could have gotten the passenger door fixed, which would get rid of the unsightly scratch that has been on there since the day after I got the damn car two years ago, when some douche in NYC damaged it while parked on the street. I shouldn't have accelerated...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home