Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Disturbing dream

Last night I had a very odd dream. Actually, I believe it occurred during my "I should be getting up but instead of hitting 'snooze' I turned off the alarm phase," when my strangest (or rather, most memorable) dreams occur.

I was at the grocery store on Thanksgiving here, waiting for a cake that I had ordered. I waited for two hours and after yelling at the woman who was spending more time talking to her friends than on the cakes, I left to come back for it later.* As I was coming into the apartment (no longer on the top floor), the drunk fireman who lives in my building started spitting, and hit me in the head. Now, in real life he does live here and is constantly drinking (luckily, he's a York county fireman, so he wouldn't be coming to our place were there a fire), but he lives one floor below us, not above, as he did here. As he laughed I got extremely angry, and C and I were just getting all riled up.

So we called the police, who happened to be the same two officers we ran into at Blockbuster** and they decided to hang out with us for the holiday, since they had nowhere to go.

The rest is sort of a blur, but I do remember whatever happened, they spent the night (in a separate room you gutter-minded folks, and anyway one of the cops was female, so, ew***). My next memory was of looking at the clock thinking, "Oh crap!"

---
* Apparently, I'm a grouch even in my dreams.

** This only occurred in the dream, we've only run into Andre and Erin at Blockbuster in real life.

*** I mean this in no offense to my female friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home