Friday, January 15, 2010

Still a child, part 2

It's still in my head, the idea of not being fully grown up. Today there were two things that prompted these thoughts:

1) First of all, I have a zit. That's right. I was promised by my parents over fifteen years ago that this was something that would go away once I got older. Well, it hasn't. Okay, fine, I'm not breaking out like a freshman in high school*, but seriously, now. And yes, they don't come very often, but I am past this.

2) Secondly, I still have this urge to run places. Remember being a kid, and never being able to get somewhere fast enough? I wanted to run down the stairs to my car today, and upon arriving on campus, I wanted to run all the way to my office. Walking is just so slow and well, boring. Just wait, sometime in the future, I will be "that professor."

You just wait.

---
* And yes, I do wash my face daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home