Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mind your own...

Hello stranger,

I see you think that I've parked somewhere that I shouldn't have. I apparently look like a student but have clearly parked in a Faculty/Staff spot. You obviously think that this is an affront to all the hard work you've put in becoming a Faculty/Staff yourself, and therefore think that it is your place, nay, your duty, to make sure I know what horrible crime I commited.

So you shout out (in a very confrontational, holier-than-thou way), "Do you have a Faculty/Staff sticker on your car?"

Being polite, I just answer, "Yes," when really I should have said:

"Yes, I am a faculty member* here, so mind your own damn business!"

In the end, what does it get you? If you're right and I was not allowed to park there, just enjoy the fact that I will get a ticket (that's what I would do), and if you're worried that I wouldn't, call the parking office. They would be glad to give me a ticket. Oh wait, I was legally parked.

In any case, just mind your own business, and stop pretending like you're more important than you are.

---
* Sure, I'm just a post-doc, but that's part of the faculty, and it says as much on my ID card, so it's true enough. Really I would have only said this to be bitchy, which I should be more often, as it is so cathartic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Ann said...

But you should feel so lucky to have an individual who cares that much about the parking situation at your college to assist the authorities in doing their job. He should be given a sticker. Or something.

February 5, 2010 at 2:07 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home