Monday, February 1, 2010

Kindness

We got just over 8 inches of snow here, which for these parts is a veritable blizzard. It's pretty awesome, since it's the largest snow we've gotten since I moved here. Of course, I used to despise snow, growing up in Maine, but I've gotten past that. Primarily because it's not inevitable and well, it is pretty. Usually here it lasts a couple of days, but it'll last more than that this time. And it's a pain.

But this was interesting. A downstairs neighbor we have dubbed "drunk fireman,"* shoveled the walk outside our building. Of course he has just as much interest in getting out as we do, but that was very nice of him (of course, it's still slippery and covered with ice, but whatever, it's better than it could have been). He is a nice guy even though we have reason to believe he just spent the last two weeks in jail for beating up his girlfriend.**

Also, while we did clean off my car Saturday night to go to dinner (to the only open restaurant in the 'burg), it snowed a bit more that night, and there was quite a bit of drift, so my car had a new coat of snow. Sunday, another downstairs neighbor after clearing off his car cleared that off of my car! This is especially nice because we've flooded his apartment probably four times.***

--
* I don't think you need me to explain why.

** That's Corbett's theory, and we really have no "proof" it is true except for a bunch of circumstantial evidence.

*** Not really our fault though, and I will stand by that argument until the day I die. Or move out of here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Thanks for the laugh for the day. Love you!

February 1, 2010 at 2:18 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home