Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not to be unemployed

So life is a little better on the job front (not much, but a little). I received a post-doc offer last Friday from a school that is very much west of here. (Not as far as the coast, but pretty far.) It's a good thing, as it means I have a job to go to in the fall, and I don't have to look for an "actual job."

However, in the long run it would be better for my career if I could actually get a non temporary position, and that isn't yet in the cards. But for now, this is better than nothing, and well, we're at the point where we aren't looking for "good," just "not bad." This is in the latter category.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

Details, please. :)

February 16, 2010 at 8:02 PM 
Blogger Melinda said...

Yayyyy jobs!

February 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home