Thursday, April 8, 2010

Daze

I've been in a daze this week. Primarily I think it is because of my superfast trip to the west coast last week, arriving just at midnight Friday night (after over an hour delay in Dallas, making my time there just over four hours), combined with my upcoming trip to New York next week. This week doesn't feel real. Also, no one is around. One of my officemates has left for good, while the other will return today or tomorrow. The two professors in the group are also out of town for the week, so it's been very quiet at work.

Several things of note. I'm getting very antsy about my interview next week. I have high hopes because the interview last week went extremely well. I get to stay near Lincoln Center, so I'll know the neighborhood fairly well, and my talk is prepared already (as I've given it several times before). The only thing to do is prepare for my lecture, which will be a class in the freshman physics class (so electricity and magnetism). I will find out today specifically what it is about (hopefully it's Faraday's Law, and the only reason I say that is because I taught that in California last week).

I also need to prepare a talk for the All-Hands' meeting, and honestly I should be working on that right now. Instead I'm doing things that really need to get done but could be put on hold for a week or two.

Now I have to put my sweatshirt on, even though I turned off the a/c in here (and it's like 90 outside)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home