Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One of the greatest days

Coming up is the best day of the year. It immediately follows (and every six or seven years, it actually coincides with) what many people in this country consider the worst day of the year. I of course am talking about my birthday (usually the day after tax day). I've become more muted about it lately, partly I think because this year (like last year) I will be at Brookhaven on the spectacular day. But, that makes it no less wonderful.

I think the other reason I've become more muted is that well, this time of year is always tainted with stress, what with all of the job hunting. I do have a job for next year*, but I also have an interview for a faculty position tomorrow and Thursday. So the stress is still there. It won't leave until well, I find out yay or nay. At the very least, once this week is over, it is all out of my hands.

You know what though, it doesn't really matter. We both have jobs for next year, and so I should forget about it. Hopefully being at work today will help, and the next two days will go by pretty fast. When that interview is over, I can rest (and prepare the other talk I have to give this week, thus making a total of 3 presentations over four days, two of which are on the same day), and when I get back to the 'burg, I will get a chance to celebrate this holiest of days.
---
* And an offer for another job, although it too is temporary and as such, I'm unsure if I will take it. There are a million issues with regards to this second offer, and well, I have no energy to go into it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie K said...

You obviously mean the 2nd best day of the year. But it does fall within the best two week time span of the year, and definitely the best month of the year. :)

April 13, 2010 at 11:39 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home