Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Fun" Holiday Weekend

So I finally got my contract from my new soon-to-be employer. This does not bode well for red tape, I must say. I have not received my reimbursement from them either, so this means that my new university will be as bad (if not worse) as the one I am currently at. (As a side note, the place I visited a week later than the NYC school got me my reimbursement two or three weeks ago.) So far we're looking at a month and a half lag time. I imagine the bureaucracy is going to be miserable in my future.

But I received it, nonetheless. Now I have currently agreed to give a talk at this conference which is happening here on campus now (I was asked on Friday, after there were several cancelations). The problem is that I don't really have much to say, and well, I have until tomorrow at 5 to prepare something.

Here's hoping I don't look like a fool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home