Monday, May 10, 2010

Look up

So recall that last week I dug through my boxes in my looking for my E&M notes, so I could use them for the class I'll be teaching in the fall. (I'm not necessarily planning out the course now, but I wanted to be sure they weren't packed away when I needed to find them this summer.) I couldn't find them, and well, that meant that I'd have to dig through the (scary) closet where we have everything stored in our home office. I was going to do that yesterday, but I looked at the closet and just didn't want to deal.

Thank the gods I didn't! Today at work I leaned back in my chair to read an article, and I glanced up above the cupboards in the office* and saw a box. One I hadn't noticed before. "Oh, that's right," I thought, "that's the box I actually emptied when moving into this office." Fifteen minutes later (I'm not a quick thinker), I thought that it might be a good idea to just check that it in fact was empty.

And of course it wasn't! Found my notes, actually, all of my notes from my undergraduate (and some graduate) life. Life is good.
---
* This office used to be a biology lab, hence the cupboards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home