Friday, June 26, 2009

Reflections

I know that I haven't posted in months and that you're all probably sick of the retrospectives already, but as someone who spent four years of his youth totally obsessed with Michael Jackson, I feel compelled to share a little something. Here is a video of (IMHO) his greatest song, amazingly performed, with all its glaring contradictions: MJ's pathological need to change his image, his pretenses to humanitarian work being far overshadowed by his fame (and financially squandered on exotic toys and carnival rides), and the psychotic fan base that made him into a legend. Lest we forget, MJ held concerts that made Obama rallies look like PTA meetings.



(Melinda: don't miss the key change at [correction: 2:12!] Your '80s rock ballad can kiss my ass).

2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

That song is awesome. The messsage is awesome. MJ was awesome.

June 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM 
Blogger sunglasseshurtmynose said...

I still wear only one glove. It's just comfortable.

Also, my word verification is "eutercid." I'm trying to imagine a definition for this word, but everything I can think of is gross.

June 30, 2009 at 8:05 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home