Friday, June 26, 2009

Addition is hard

I've been struggling much of the week with addition. The sad thing is that none of this is a joke. I know not all of you are math dorks, and many of you hate math in all its forms, but humor me. I have been spending this entire week just trying to figure out why when I add two numbers, I do not get what I should get. Case in point, I have two numbers (watch out, fraction alert):

A = 2

B = -2

And I am supposed to get

A+B = 1/2

Note, that 2 plus a negative 2 equals zero. No matter how you spin this, zero does not equal 1/2. So that's right. I've been out of graduate school for five years, and have worked in this field for let's say nine years, and I cannot add. I did finally figure out my mistake, and it would bore you to hear it (because the rest of this post is the epitomy of excitement), but it's all good now.

It is sad though, that it took me a week's worth of work to remember how to add.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home