Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back in the same decade

Yesterday was Corbett's birthday, and he has finally joined the ranks of the thirtysomethings (I always wonder if I should go back to that old show and watch it, perhaps I'd understand it). We went out to the King's Arms Tavern (a colonial-style restaurant) for dinner with Chris and Sonya, which was delicious as always. Afterwards we went back to our place for cake and ice cream.

Now, below is the cake that we had made for Corbett. The story is a long one, but I'll go through it quickly. Last year, Corbett superimposed his face onto Kermit's body to send a birthday greeting to his nephew. When Sonya's birthday came around, as a joke he took that picture and crossed out "Dylan" and "Uncle" and added Sonya's name. Then, with Chris's birthday he again modified it accordingly (note, continually crossing names/words out). One my birthday, Sonya took that picture and changed the names, and scribbled long black hair on Corbett's face, added glasses and sent it to me.

So we (well, it was Sonya's idea, and I did the design) decided to modify it again and put it on a cake. Now, Ukrops (stupid non-alcohol selling, closed-on-Sundays, Christian supermarket) wouldn't do the cake with Kermit's body on it, so I had to remove it. But I had to add some faces, and here's what we got:


It works, while it's a little frightening at the same time...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy 30th Corbett!

June 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM 
Blogger sunglasseshurtmynose said...

I look like Captain Ivan Drago from Rocky IV.

June 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM 
Blogger Aunt So-So said...

I can't help but think that this is what it would look like if we all mated with Corbett. Yeah, I went there. Sorry.

word verification: imatell.

Used in a sentence: Imatell everyone what you said about mating with Corbett. And no, he's never speaking to you again. He is sufficiently wierded out.

June 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home