Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow

Ever since I left Maine, I have started to like snow. It has to do with the fact that many of the places I've lived since then don't get much. Okay, so in New York and St. Louis they did, but in NY, the sidewalks were cleared so quickly that it was nice. In St. Louis, well, the city was notoriously bad at clearing streets that it was not fun.

But with Dallas (snowed two times in the four years I lived there), and here in the 'burg, snow is rare. We, along with half the country, got snow last night. I was worried that the 24 hours of rain preceeding the snow would ensure non-stickage upon the ground, but no need! Dante and I woke up this morning with about an inch or two of snow! So our morning walk consisted of the D-man sniffing something, then darting ten feet to something else to sniff, and so forth. There really is no walking when snow is involved, just running around like a psychotic. It's fun.

As a bonus, the Lab is closed today so I no longer have to feel guilty about not going down there (wasn't planning on it anyway, but there is a seminar and a meeting I should have gone to). The College is open on a delayed schedule, but I'll go in at a normal time. This involves no freeway driving, so except for clearing off my car (I still do not own a snow scraper), it will not be a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home