Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm glad my car is made for a moron

I used to hate the fact that Hyundais didn't have an annoying "bling" sound when you left the headlights on and turned off the engine. This is because in my earlier Hyundai (the Scoupe), it would turn off the headlights and leave only the parking lights on. Now, this seems like an okay idea but whenever I did that (which wasn't all that often, but it happened several times) without realizing it, I would come out to a car that wouldn't start because those damn parking lights would drain the battery.

Now, though, with my newer, "fancier" Hyundai, it still does not alert you to the headlights being left on. Instead though, it turns them off and after an unspecified amount of time (I say unspecified because I've never timed it), it also shuts off the parking lights for you, well before the battery will die. I know this much because a) I have done this at least three times since getting the car a year and a half ago, and b) last night I clearly left the lights when I got home. They would have been on for about about 17 and a half hours, long enough for the battery to fade to nothing. But the car started with no problem. Because my car was designed for an idiot, like myself. Happy day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, I'm with you. The glories of the Hyundai are totally underestimated.

February 19, 2009 at 2:00 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home