Wednesday, February 4, 2009

(Old) News

Okay, apparently I didn't post this the other day like I thought I did...

So yesterday after a depressing visit to the dentist I got some good news. I have been invited to another school for an interview. This new place is also on the east coast (yay), and also not far from well, anything. It's a much larger school (public) than the interview I have next week, but the departments are comparable in size. It is also in an actual city, not in the middle of nowhere. But of course, it all depends on which place I like better and well, if either of them offer me a job!!

I also have a phone interview next week with another place, but this school is not quite in a place I would ever want to live, so...Plus, incidentally, according to salary charts, this third university has an average Assistant Professor salary that would give me a pay cut.

Not that it's about the money, but if it were in a location that I would dream of living in, fine. This place is one of my nightmares...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home