Monday, February 2, 2009

Someone is going to have a bad morning.

About a couple of weeks ago, my apartment complex implemented parking permit requirements for all tenants. Everyone who (legally) lives here gets a sticker for their windshield plus two guest passes. (So presumably you could still have someone legally parked here and not legally allowed to live here.) It's mildly annoying but only in that I had to make a special trip to the office (and I don't care much for the office staff here) for the permit. Now, I never thought there was much of a parking problem here, because well, there are always available spaces all over, but that's just me. Plus seriously, how likely were they to enforce it?

Well, as I was walking Dante this morning before leaving for campus, there was the tow truck, examining all the cars for valid permits. And the IROC-Z, which has been here for a long time, clearly had no permit, and they towed it away. I felt a little bad because I didn't do anything (what could I have done, really?), but hell, it's the owner's fault. I don't know whose car it is, and really I could do nothing about the whole scenario. But I felt bad, primarily because someone is going to get up and head out this morning, and have a very bad day.*


-----

* This is of course assuming the owner is still around. For all I know the car was abandoned, because why wouldn't he have a permit? Either he lives here and could get one or he is living with a friend who has one, and thus should at least have one of those temp hangtags. Either way, it's not my problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home