Sunday, February 8, 2009

How else to waste time...

I drive out to my interview tomorrow. I've gone through my talk enough, and I think it's ready, and now it's really just a matter of waiting until I have to go. I've done my homework, and I think I'm ready. So that's all about that.

I have to say I hate the fact that I have issues that often cause me to be ripped off. What's even worse is that I know it when it's happening. Here's the deal. I like to use a remote control to give my presentations, so that I don't have to constantly hit the space bar to go from one slide to the next. I stupidly left mine at home in the 'burg, and really wanted one for this talk. So, of course, I go looking for one. Best Buy? Nope. Radio Shack? Nope. Staples? Nope. Circuit City? Yup. But here's the catch.

They are going out of business, right? Well, their sales are not sales at all. Case in point: The controller that I purchased was forty bucks. This is the exact same one that I already own, and I had bought it three years ago from Circuit City for (ready?) TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS. That's right.

So I purchased the damned thing, knowing that I was being ripped off, but also knowing that in the end, isn't it worth it to have a little peace of mind?

I thought not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home