Wednesday, August 4, 2010

To miss or not to miss

There are so many things I will miss here in the 'burg, and quite a few things I will not. Of course there are a bunch of friends and coworkers I will miss (and a couple of coworkers I won't), but as for things uniquely 'burg-ish:

Things I will miss:

  • Going into stores that are huge and never ever ever crowded (grocery stores, Target, etc).

  • Air conditioning by default everywhere you go.

  • Seeing 18th-century "folks" doing 21st century things.

  • Being able to show up to a movie right as it starts and still get good seats.

  • Having a car.


Things I will not miss:

  • Hyper-air conditioning everywhere you go.

  • The drivers and their insistence on going less than or equal to the speed limit.

  • A speed limit of 25 everywhere.

  • Not walking anywhere.

  • Driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home