Thursday, July 29, 2010

Focus

I have work to do. And really, I want to do it. But right now, it's extremely hard to focus. For one, there's the impending move. Things are irritating with that, also. I'm someone who likes everything planned perfectly, and sadly since I'm the one doing the planning, everything becomes messed up, overly complicated, or just changed on an hourly basis.

The other problem I have is that I can't focus when I have things that are just waiting to go wrong. This is why I hate flying. The actual flight is fine, but I fret over everything before and after. Like, I'll be caught in traffic that'll make me miss my flight (this has never happened, and is practically impossible when flying out of the local airports as there is no such thing as traffic here), my name will all-of-a-sudden appear on the no-fly list, I'll be detained at security because of the fact that I looked snarky, or of course the standard, I'm at the gate and the flight is severely delayed so much that I miss a connection or whatever.

Then of course there's the stuff that goes wrong on the other end of a flight. In fact, I'm not truly relaxed until I get to my hotel and check in (because there's a lot that goes wrong there, too, you know). Sadly, there's a small part of me that always hopes for something to go wrong, and that way I can complain and maybe get free stuff.

Anyway, that's all on my mind, so work is falling by the wayside. Alas. Oh, and fair warning, this blog will actually disappear upon moving. I'll probably continue posting but on a new site, for all three of you that read this. The problem is that the address for this site is too specific to this location, and I should have made a more generic name. Making "burg" stand for something else just seemed too complicated (and honestly, lame)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home