Sunday, July 18, 2010

We won't be homeless

After a grueling week of traveling to both western New York and New York City, we found places to move into when we leave the 'burg.

Corbett will be living in a 19th-century mansion that has been converted into apartments. The place is ridiculously gorgeous, and has a brand new kitchen. It's sort of the kind of place that I'm not sure that I belong, but alas, it's all his, and I'll get to spend plenty of time in his mansion. Luckily that took only a day in a half to find and we could head down to the city.

I was fretting my search, as I had only two appointments made to look (no one would call me back), while Corbett had somewhere on the order of 10. The first day we were there, we spent most of the day checking out the neighborhood near campus, and it felt as though the day was wasted. Our first appointment was at 3pm and thankfully the second apartment we saw I liked a bunch. It was like my old apartment in New York, but twice as big. We went to the appointment we had in the evening* just to see something else, and it was so horrible, the choice was basically made. So the next morning I got the apt I liked.

Compared to Corbett's mansion, it's a hole, but compared to apartments in NYC, it's spectacular. And, it's only a 10-minute walk to work. The neighborhood is awesome, and well, I get to live in the Bronx, which will be fun!
---
* That is a story I will have to save for another date, but keep a lookout for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home