Monday, July 26, 2010

Orientate this

I just got an email from my soon-to-be-employer, about an upcoming new faculty orientation. This is apparently an all-day event, beginning at 8:45 in the morning (groan), and culminating with an afternoon reception at 4:30pm that will last lord only knows how long.

The morning session,will have a panel where, the email informs me:

"You will have the opportunity to learn about [this university] and its distinctive pursuit of excellence in teaching, research and service and to join a conversation that is a rich part of our formation as teachers and scholars."

Then,

"Following lunch, there will be a brief presentation on teaching and learning resources, a pictorial history of [this university]."

I know the university has been around for a while, but I don't think the pictorial history will take place until

"The day closes with a reception at 4:30 p.m. at [SSS] Hall hosted by So-and-so."

Ah, the glorious wastes of time are being scheduled for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home