Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Coming so fast

Our place is looking rather depressing. The pictures are (mostly) off the walls. Bookcases are empty (and in one case, taken apart). Boxes line every room, and all tables are covered with things to go into some as yet unspecified box.

Have I mentioned I hate moving?

The worst part isn't even the packing. It's somewhat fun (except seemingly endless, since we've started really early so as not to rush, it feels like all we are doing is packing), and I like it second to the unpacking part. That's actually really fun because you get to set everything up.

It's the actual moving. Next Monday we have people doing all of the loading for us (yay!), and Tuesday we drive to Rochester. Wednesday there are people unloading Corbett's stuff and we then unpack for a bit before driving to the Bronx on Sunday. (We're going that late because although my stuff may be in the Bx on Friday, it's unclear as to whether or not that is the case, so we'll just go when we're assured of it.) Once my stuff is unloaded on Monday, the 23rd, I'll be happier. There's still a million things to do after that, but the rest is not reliant on a bunch of things all falling into place.

Of course, the part that sucks is that once that happens, shortly after Corbett will have to leave me and Dante to go get ready to work. I don't really like thinking about that part, so let's give you a little fact. The congressional district that I'll be moving to is the second poorest in the country, first is you exclude Puerto Rico. This is as of 2008, where the poverty level was at 39.7 percent. Comparatively, the 'burg is 406th (including Puerto Rico and other territories, out of 437), with a poverty level of 6.4 percent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home