Thursday, July 9, 2009

Too much but not enough

I've been slacking here, and every day I think there is something I should be writing about, but nothing of note has really been going on. I'm going crazy with my talk that I'm giving in two-and-a-half-weeks (yikes!), because there are a ton of peope who have not yet sent me anything to include, and I'm basically not sure how the layout of the talk will go.

But let's not talk about that. What should be the topic of discussion? So You Think You Can Dance?! Nah...while I'm happy with the show this season, and last night's performances were mostly spectacular (except the terrible Russian Folk Dance, which even the judges thought was a mistake to include), there's nothing I have to say about it right now.

There's politics, but even that is boring me currently. Sure, the New York legislature is seizing up, and NY's governor is signing his own death certificate. There's my favorite governor of all still fighting to keep herself in the news. There's Minnesota, and Massachussetts fighting DOMA, a new tour to begin to destroy DADT, and all sorts of other things going on. I'm feeling a sense of ennui about the whole thing.

I want something new to happen in the news that doesn't involve the death of someone famous, and isn't going to make me want to wretch. And it has to distract me (successfully) from actually working on my talk or anything else productive. Anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home