Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold

Now, I know it's worse in other parts of the country, but man is it cold here today. Currently it's 13 with a wind chill of 6. (It's about 10 degrees lower in New York.) Even Dante was ready to rush into the apartment to stay warm. If it weren't for various things I have to be on campus for today, I would take today as a "Cold Day," and work at home all day. Then I could just be all cozy and warm and not have to deal with the drive to work.

Because I have this to say: My ten-minute commute is great except in weather like this. I could let the car warm up before going, but still it takes a while for the heat to get going, and usually I'm too impatient to wait for it to warm up. Thus I get in and go, and shiver until right when I turn into campus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's -18 here and I hate the world.

January 16, 2009 at 10:03 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 4 here, and I don't like it. With the wind chill, it's like -90 or so.

January 16, 2009 at 11:08 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home