Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It begins

So I had a phone interview today with a large university out west, and I will not say which one, but I will state that it is (without traffic) roughly thirty minutes from Corbett's mother. I think the interview went fine, but I really won't know until mid-January, when they determine the short list. Either way, I was picked in the top ten of around 100 candidates, so if nothing else, that's a good thing.

Now I need to get my butt in gear with plenty of other things. What I really want to do is something that I should not be doing, even though it still is "work." Corbett flies in tomorrow, and there is quite a bit I need to do before then. I would like to have taken tomorrow off and just stayed home to take care of everything, but my students are giving their presentations tomorrow morning, so I really can't do that. What a great little joke it would be on them if I just didn't show up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you wear to your phone interview?

December 16, 2008 at 5:51 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home