Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Traditions

It's interesting what traditions over the holidays come and go. There is one in particular that has become a relatively recent tradition with my father and I. When most people hear this, they think it's extremely odd, a waste of time, and well, there are so many alternatives to it that make more sense, that it is a wonder we do it at all. What is it, you may (or most likely may not) be asking?

Every year, my father and I sit while on the phone, he with his shopping list for my mother and me with Amazon.com (set to her Wish List), and we discuss my mother's presents that my dad wants to get her. He then decides what he wants to get her, and if it's cheaper on Amazon, I purchase the gifts for him and he pays me back.

Of course, he could get his own Amazon account, or he could ask my sister, but this is something we've done for several years now, and I realized recently that I kind of love doing it. It's one of those things that may be bizarre or absurd to those on the outside, but I look forward to it every year.

Plus it means I get more packages delivered to my door, and I love getting packages.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

Aw, that's adorable!

December 8, 2008 at 7:46 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home