Thursday, January 15, 2009

Distraction

This week and next, two shows are (finally) returning to television: Lost and Battlestar Galactica. Now, for the former, I hadn't started watching it until this last fall, when Corbett and I played catch up on the first four seasons. Still, when the rerun of the season finale aired last night, I was excited and felt like I hadn't seen the show in ages. As for BSG, we started that later as well, but have been watching seasons 3 and 4 in real time (not fun, considering the amount of time that occurs between seasons on SciFi).

These shows are going to allow me the distraction I need right now. While I have plenty to do at work, there are times when I think of the obviously difficult next few years in my life, and well, I can forget all that and think about Jack, Kate, Hurley, and that absurd yet intriguing island, or why the earth was a wasteland when the Galactica and their new Cylon allies found it. There are few other shows that are like that out there.

As a sidenote, I had a dream the other night with Melinda and Rock Band in it. Corbett was not in the dream (that would be his nightmare). And I am currently listening to the glorious Bon Jovi. It's a good morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home