Monday, January 5, 2009

Back (physically and mentally)

Well, we have finished our trip across the country, and have been back in the 'burg for quite some time now. It was an eventful trip, and I'll just give the highlights...

We drove down to Newnan to see my folks and spent four full days there. It's a long, almost ten-hour, drive, and Corbett will proudly state that he drove 475 miles down there. While there we saw a fun "Fantasy in Lights" Christmas lights display at a park (which was actually quite cool), but mostly just relaxed, and watched TV. My sister and her husband came down twice, one day of which was Christmas Eve, where we had our family "Christmas." The reason for that is on Christmas day, we flew to LA.

Now, this is a day to travel. Normal people do not travel on Christmas day so everything went smoothly (except for the severe lack of sleep). We got to LA and had Christmas again with Corbett's mom, brother, sister and her husband and two kids. Besides his mom getting the kids (who are 5 and 7) Nintendo DS's, she bought a Wii and Rock Band for her house. The next few days were filled with tennis, golf, and when I got my hands on the thing, Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive. Nothing is more fun than getting a seven-year old singing to that. I was able to get to 96% on the medium difficulty with the guitar, and I have to work to get the harder levels, but not until I return to LA*.

Then we did the stupidest thing: After four days in LA, we flew back to Georgia, to spend a short night there before returning to the 'burg on New Year's Eve. Luckily we got back early enough to rest and nap before heading to Chris and Sonya's to ring in the New Year. I was good and did not drink (much) that night, so I was more than able to drive home.

Now it's back to work, after a New Year's Day party at Kostas' house and a very long weekend (where I bought myself a much wanted new digital camera and Corbett bought many kitchen utensils). Work. Ugh.




------
* Note to Melinda: I may just randomly show up on your doorstep waiting to play...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh. My. God. How do we get you guys here? Seriously. This summer? Laurie, Rick, and C&C in Galesburg for 24 hours of Rock Band insanity.

January 5, 2009 at 1:17 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home