Monday, April 27, 2009

Mini "heat wave"

Poor Dante had to deal with my stubbornness this weekend. On Saturday, it was pretty warm, and yet I was thinking, "as if I will turn on the a/c in April!" I went running errands and after getting home, I realized that the high that day was 97. I finally turned on the air (especially because I was going to use the oven), and Dante seemed to relax.

Now, last year we had a fantastic slow rise for the temperatures, and presumably it will cool off (not yesterday and not today, but maybe by Wednesday) somewhat, but this is the time of year that I usually love here. It's after the heat goes off, and before the a/c, so the windows can stay open and fresh air can flow. It could be worse, I guess.

On another note, they just mowed the lawn here this morning, so I'll be so happy when I head out to work (sadly at JLab today), as I drive through the complex, breathing in that freshly cut grass. It's like crack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home