Thursday, April 23, 2009

Getting things done

I like days like this sometimes. They are rather mundane, where most everything I do has no major impact on either my life or work. Well, that's not exactly true, but they are administrative. Things like resetting passwords at Fermilab, sending around to colleagues my changes to our manuscript, submitting jobs to the computer cluster, and things like that on the work end. All things that need to get done and have a feeling of "yes, that is taken care of," but no real feeling of accomplishment.

On the personal side, I bought my ticket to New York for helping C move down. With the taxes added, the one-way fare was (are you ready?) $39.60. Seriously, I was shocked! I also reserved Dante's place at the kennel, and am preparing all of the things for moving to a new apartment. It all puts me into a mood of wanting to take a nap, and I really haven't done anything.

The feeling is one of "I have all sorts of things still to do, but they were all waiting for these other things to get done," and now I have to start the other things. But the sun is shining, and it's just almost too gorgeous to work anymore. This is the worst part about spring.

That and the allergies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home