Thursday, March 26, 2009

Shower

So you know how people talk worry about a massive injury happening to them when living alone? You know, you slip, fall, hid your head, and if you were found in a couple hours you could survive, but if not you would just be a rotten corpse in your living room? Well, I think about this every so often, and worry what would happen to Dante (he's not the sort of dog who would be able to dial 911 for me or anything).

Well, yesterday I was taking a shower, and as I stepped in, the water was too hot. So as usual I bend around the stream of water to change the temperature. As I did this, I slipped (being that water is very slippery) and started flailing my arms around to catch myself. I grabbed the wall, the curtain, and eventually slowed my fall enough and didn't hit my head. I twisted my back (not that badly, as it's fine now), and was there in the tub, in pain, and burning because the water was still scalding hot! Yeah, very painful, but I survived. I could only imagine what would have happened had I knocked myself out. I would have third degree burns all over.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

OMG!!!! I am glad to hear you are okay! Love you, sweety!

March 26, 2009 at 1:46 PM 
Blogger Aunt So-So said...

We need to get you a Life Alert. Did you burn anyhing?

March 26, 2009 at 2:06 PM 
Blogger Sarahlynn said...

Scary! I assure you that my first reaction was sympathy. (And to note that I have these fantasies all the time. I get crushed by a random tree limb while out getting the mail, and what happens to my kids?)

But my second reaction was to remember the "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!" SNL skit and imagine you wearing one of those little necklace assistance buttons my Grandpa used to wear. And then I laughed just a little bit.

March 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home