Monday, March 16, 2009

Yogurt and seoul...

I made homemade yogurt yesterday, and it had to incubate all day before being put into the fridge, where it sat overnight. I tried some of it this morning and it is delicious! I followed Alton Brown's recipe, using whole milk (I am one of those people who does not want to eat nonfat or lowfat yogurt, hence one of the reasons for just making it myself). My goal now is to continually use this batch of yogurt to start the next, so I will not have to purchase it anymore. We'll see how well this works.

In other news, I guess I've never posted about this on this blog (the first time this happened was during my transition from Livejournal, so I must've written about this over there), but I've been asked (again) to apply for a faculty position in Seoul. Yes, in Korea. This first happened last April, and I said no (it was flattering as very few young foreigners fit the requirements to get a position there), and it was brought up again when I visited in November. Again, I stated that the primary reason (and this is mostly the reason, but it happens to just be a perfectly good and legitimate excuse) is Corbett, being that he can't get a job there and well, I'm fine with long-distance but that's absurd!

I thought that was the end of it. But no. I got an email this morning, seemingly with no knowledge of what I told this professor three times! Alas, I will have to say no again. The worst part is that I cannot complain about not getting job offers, while this is not an actual offer, it's definitely the most I've been approached by a school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home