Monday, September 1, 2008

And then there were four

Well, as expected, my class size has dropped to four (not expected because of any of the students per se, but I don't think I've ever had a class, and probably few have had classes, where everyone from the first day stayed through). It was a little disconcerting though today because everyone (save one) was late, and I don't like the idea of teaching to just one student. It's awkward. This is the problem with a graduate course which is an elective. Hopefully this will be a one-time (or just a few-time) occurrence.

Other than that the class is going well. Either the homework is too easy or they really work well together, because I've not been asked any questions regarding it. So that's a plus. I can't always tell if they understand what's going on in class, but alas, that's just my own little problem. We'll see what happens as the semester progresses.

And yes, it's Labor Day, and yes, I taught today. We hold classes on Labor Day. There is no rest for the thirst for knowledge!!

(No matter how much sleep sounds like a blessing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home