Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ponderings of a 31-year-old teenage girl

It's over. I think I may have to give up on this fight now. For many years I have been fighting these urges, but last night was proof positive that it is just not possible.

I am a screaming teenage girl inside.

It's bad enough that I have always had an unhealthy connection with movies that I love such as "Bring It On," "Can't Hardly Wait," or the older (yet no better?) "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" (well, don't they?). There is the boy band issue, as well, but both of these things can be ignored, to some extent. At least I have always found a (pseudo) rational explanation.

But if it wasn't bad enough to finally get sucked into American Idol this past season (and wanting the 17-year old to win), as well as "So You Think You Can Dance," we reached a new low last night. It started last week, when we actually voted for contestants multiple times. (Voting already puts us into a new category already, multiple times just makes it a little sad.) This week though, mostly due to the severe depression that struck when Gev was eliminated, we went overboard.

I cannot allow Will to win. I could even handle Mark winning (who won't, but that's another story), but not Will. So I had to vote. I have a favorite, and that is Joshua. For the girls, it's Chelsee (her legs, I swear, are amazing). So we voted for these two. Between the two of us, I think each contestant got around 60-70 votes.

I'm ashamed of this, mostly because of two bitter disappointments:

1. If they lose, then I've invested emotion into them, and I'll be sad. At least if I don't vote, it's not my fault.
2. We only spent 10 or so minutes voting, if that. We had two hours. Why didn't we vote more?!

These issues are going to slowly kill me until tonight, when the awards show airs. I sometimes hate myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many times did you guys vote??

July 24, 2008 at 12:02 PM 
Blogger sunglasseshurtmynose said...

You guys won't even watch when "American Physicist" airs on ABC this fall.

July 25, 2008 at 7:47 AM 
Blogger Aunt So-So said...

That's hillarious! We all love that teenage girl inside of you. I wonder what your neighbors are thinking when you are screaming at the TV. You losers aren't going out tonight, are you?

July 25, 2008 at 8:24 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home