Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Physicists Cometh

It has begun. Marc arrived last night, and today, most of the 300+ physicists (some with companions) will be swarming the 'burg today. Registration and the opening reception is this evening, from 5pm to 7pm. My talk, which is tomorrow, is almost ready. I want to run through it tonight (it's only 15 minutes, so it's short), and do some more cross-checks, but it's in a good state.

I've been warning people that there will be a noticeable "geek" presence throughout the 'burg, mostly concentrated around the College. Don't eat lunch nearby if you want to be safe from the physicists. That's all I'm sayin'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aunt So-So said...

They're everywhere. And you can tell it's a physics geek because s/he carries a Lattice 2008 bag. I see them at the grocery store, crossing the street from the Ho House...everywhere! Hope your talk went well.

July 15, 2008 at 5:52 PM 
Blogger sunglasseshurtmynose said...

I can't tell if these are all lattice people or big time star trek fans. I see tight-fitting clothes and people with no emotions. What's happening?!

July 15, 2008 at 8:01 PM 
Blogger Topher said...

I warned you all!!

July 15, 2008 at 11:33 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home